Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

EN: Family weekend in Copenhagen (Denmark) with castles, Tivoli and Strøget


For our sons, who have lived their entire lives outside of Sweden, Copenhagen is a reference point; we always pass by the airport of Kastrup whenever we fly "home" to our relatives, that is, several times each year. But we tend to jump on the first possible train over the Öresund Bridge, so so far, they had never visited the city centre. Something I used to consider quite sad. For me personally, Copenhagen still today has a strong symbolic value. It is so close the south of Sweden, where I grew up, yet more exciting and at the same time more relaxed.

Anyway, in October this year, we finally got a reason to make the capital of Denmark a destination to itself, as we had decided to surprise my mother on her birthday. For our children it might well be that the top experience of the trip was staying at a hotel along with their younger cousins, but we managed to drag them with us to a number of landmarks: the castles of Christiansborg (where the Parliament - Folketinget – holds its meetings) and Amalienborg (the royal family's residence), the sculpture of The Little Mermaid, Nyhavn and, of course, Stroget.

A visit to Tivoli was alos on the program and here the children were especially impressed, since we happened to go catch the Halloween celebrations. For my wife and me, on the other hand, coming back to the restaurant Sommersko was one of the highlights of this weekend. It brought back memories of our student years in Lund although I frankly considered the venue better now than what I remember from that time.

- - -
"I like going to restaurants with my cousins," our eight-year-old said when we came home. "Since then you have someone to talk to and play with?", my wife guessed. "No, because then we go to restaurants with normal food, not Thai and such things", was his answer.










 http://instagram.com/p/uoiQzox7Td/



- - -
Deutsche Version (kommt mit der Zeit)
Svensk version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love feedback!