Pages

Tuesday 25 November 2014

EN: Annual Christmas Bazaar by the Swedish Church of Zurich (Switzerland)



That the seasonal illuminations over Zurich's central shopping area was lit last Thursday, for the first time this year, felt completely right. By contrast, that the Swedish Church (SKUT) organized its Christmas Bazaar already last Saturday, was something which I actually experienced as slightly stressful. Okay, I know that December is a busy month because of all Christmas parties – also my own calendar is extremely full - but still...

Last year, I helped out with the preparations and committed to doing so again this year. Unfortunately, I could not live up to this promise, because on Friday evening we also had an event with the expat network InterNations, where I currently hold the position as one of the Ambassadors. Next year, however, I certainly intend to come back again - I really like the Christmas Bazaar as an annual, natural meeting place for us "Züri-Swedes" and thus want to support our community in maintaining this tradition.

Like last year, we were offered a great ambience, not the least thanks to the Nordic choir Nota Bene - where my wife is an active member - which performed Christmas carols on two occasions. After that we had a foretaste of our typical Swedish Christmas dishes: for my part sandwiches with meatballs and beetroot salad and egg-anchovy salad (gubbröra).

Having said that, our children were responsible for our biggest moment from a family point of view: due to the rehearsal of a Lucia-procession, they had to visit the bazaar venue twice during the same day and in between they went home by themselves, although that meant that they had to change trams on the way. This they had never done before without an accompanying adult.


Find here more videos of this year´s Christmas carols by Nota Bene: Jul, jul and We wish you.

- - -
Deutsche Version ...kommt auch, aber zuerst später...
Svensk version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love feedback!